Scholarship Opportunities for Twins
Several colleges in the U.S. have special twin/triplet scholarship programs. For a detailed list of those we have come across, please see below. While we strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, please check with the specific institutions listed for current scholarship policies and availability.
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan: Offers the Furlotte Twins Endowed Scholarship for upperclassmen enrolled in the College of Education’s Elementary Education Program.
- Wilson College, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania: Offers a twins/triplets scholarship, which pays 45% of each multiple’s annual tuition.
Northeastern Oklahoma A & M College, Miami, Oklahoma: Offers the Twin/Triplet Dorm Waiver, which covers the amount of having a semi-private room for twins or triplets who attend this college together (twins/triplets may room separately or together but must attend the college at the same time). http://www.neo.edu/financial-aid/aid-information/scholarships/
- Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana: Offers the Layton Frazier McKinley Scholarship for twins, although preference is given to identical twin pairs.
- Carl Albert State College, Poteau, Oklahoma: Offers the Paula Nieto Twin Scholarship, a cash scholarship awarded to twins.
- Lake Erie College, Painesville, Ohio: Offers the Lake Erie College Twins Scholarship, which is a full tuition scholarship awarded 50/50 to each twin if both are enrolled full-time.
- West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania: Offers the Bonnie Evans Feinberg Scholarship, which supports an incoming, first-year student from a middle class, multiple-sibling family, who has a GPA of 3.0+.
- Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut: Offers the Multiple Sibling Award, which is $2,000 per year in addition to regular financial aid for siblings enrolled at Quinnipiac at the same time.
- The Twins Days Festival, Twinsburg, Ohio: Offers a $1,000 scholarship to high school seniors to help with upcoming college expenses. To be eligible, applicants must have registered for and attended three of the last five festivals.
More information about twin scholarships can be found at: http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/unusual.phtml. The section on twin scholarships is near the bottom of the page.